Int. J. Simul. Multidisci. Des. Optim.
Volume 12, 2021
Advances in Modeling and Optimization of Manufacturing Processes
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||29 October 2021|
- M.A. Camara, J.C. Rubio Campos, A.M. Abrao, J.P. Davim, State of the art on Micromilling of material: a review, J. Mater. Sci. Technol. 28, 673–685 (2012) [Google Scholar]
- R. Mittal, S. Kulkarni, R. Singh, Effect of lubrication on machining response and dynamic instability in high-speed micromilling of Ti-6Al-4V, J. Manufactur. Process. 28, 413–421 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- M. Rahman, A.S. Kumar, J.R.S. Prakash, Micro milling of pure copper, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 116, 39–43 (2001) [Google Scholar]
- F. Ducobu, E. Filippi, Rivie E re-Lorphever, Chip formation in micro-milling, in Proceedings of the 8th National Congress on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, May 28-29, Brussels, Belgium, 2010, pp. 333–339 [Google Scholar]
- J. Chae, S. Park, T. Freiheit, Investigation of micro-cutting operations, Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufact. 46, 313–332 (2006) [Google Scholar]
- A. Aramcharoen, P.T. Mativenga, Size effect and tool geometry in micromilling of tool steel, Precis. Eng. 33, 402–407 (2009) [Google Scholar]
- G. Bissacco, H. Hansen, L. Chiffre, Micromilling of hardened tool steel for mould making applications, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 167, 201–207 (2005) [Google Scholar]
- B. Barnabas, G. Norbert, T. Marton, J. Davim, A review on micro-milling: recent advances and future trends, Int. J. Adv. Manufactur. Technol. 112, 655–684 (2021) [Google Scholar]
- X. Liu, R.E. Devor, S.G. Kapoor, K.F. Ehmann, The mechanics of machining at the micro scale: assessment of the current state of the science, Trans. ASME J. Manuf. Sci. Eng. 126, 666–678 (2004) [Google Scholar]
- D. Dornfeld, S. Min, Y. Takeuchi, Recent advances in mechanical micromachining, Ann. CIRP Manuf. Technol. 55, 745–769 (2006) [Google Scholar]
- P.J. Arrazola, T.O. zel, D. Umbrello, M. Davies, I.S. Jawahir, Recent advances in modelling of metal machining processes, Ann. CIRP Manuf. Technol. 62, 695–718 (2013) [Google Scholar]
- T. Thepsonthi, T. Ozel, 3-D finite element process simulation of micro-end milling ti-6al-4v titanium alloy: experimental validations on chip flow and tool wear, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 221, 128–145 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- A. Davoudinejad, P. Parenti, A. Annoni, 3D finite element prediction performance of chip flow, burr formation and cutting forces in micro end-milling of aluminum 6061-T6, Front. Mech. Eng. 12, 203–214 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- T. Pratap, K. Patra, Finite element method based modeling for prediction of cutting forces in micro-end milling, J. Inst. Eng. (India) Series C 98, 17–26 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- T. Thepsonthi, T. Ozel, Finite element simulation of micro-end milling titanium alloy: comparison of viscoplastic and elasto-viscoplastic models, NAMRI/SME, Madison, Wisconsin (2013), Vol. 41 [Google Scholar]
- A. Attanasio, A. Abeni, T. Ozel, E. Ceretti, Finite element simulation of high speed micro milling in the presence of tool run-out with experimental validations, Int. J. Adv. Manufactur. Technol. 100, 25–35 (2019) [Google Scholar]
- F. Wang, X. Cheng, Y. Liu, X. Yang, F. Meng, Micromilling simulation for the hard-to-cut material, Proc. Eng. 174, 693–699 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- T. Pratap, K. Patra, A.A. Dyakonov, Modeling cutting force in micro-milling of Ti-6Al-4V titanium alloy, Proc. Eng. 129, 134–139 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- X. Jin, Y. Altintas, Prediction of micro-milling forces with finite element method, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 212, 542–552 (2012) [Google Scholar]
- Y.M Ahmed, K. S. M. Sahari, M. Ishak, A.B. Khidhir, Titaniumand its alloy, Int. J. Sci. Res, 3, 1351 - 1361, (2012) [Google Scholar]
- D. Carou, E.M. Rubio, J. Herrera, C.H. Lauro, J.P. Davim, Latest advances in the micro-milling of titanium alloys: a review, in Manufacturing engineering society international conference MESIC 2017, 28-30, Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain June 2017 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- V. Bajpai, A. Kushwaha, R. Singh, Burr formation and surface quality in high speed micromilling of titanium alloy (Ti-6A-l4V), in Proceedings of the ASME, International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference MSEC2013; 2013 June 10-14; Madison, Wisconsin, USA, 2013 [Google Scholar]
- A. Dadgari, D. Huo, D. Swailes, Investigation on tool wear and tool life prediction in micro-milling of Ti-6Al-4V, Nanotechnol. Precis. Eng. 1, 218–225 (2018) [Google Scholar]
- H.B. Wu, S.J. Zhang, 3D FEM simulation of milling process for titanium allot Ti-6Al-4V, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 71, 1319–1326 (2014) [Google Scholar]
- K. Vipindas, J. Mathew, Wear behavior of TiAlN coated WC tool during micro end milling of Ti-6Al-4V and analysis of surface roughness, Wear 424-425, 165–182 (2019) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.